1. Networking in all relevant spheres is key to both securing new clients and promoting your own business. Networking is one of the most fundamental marketing strategies for startups, particularly for the earlier stages of your company where important professional connections can help you achieve those important initial successes.
2. Startups must work at creating a recognizable and distinctive brand. Regardless of the specific nature of your company’s products or services, you will likely be surrounded by stiff competition on all sides. Many factors go into successful branding, from having a distinctive logo to becoming known for specific services, but it is still a key element of startup marketing.
3. Some marketing strategies simply involve having a sufficiently good presentation. All startups must have a professional website which is user friendly and easy to navigate for your online visitors. Potential customers are extremely sensitive to “red flags” that would indicate they will not have a good experience when doing business with your company. Having an effective web design is an integral component of startup marketing.
4. All modern startup businesses can consider having something of a presence on social media. Startup marketing has changed substantially in recent years, and the importance of social media has been one of the most prominent changes. Generating a following on any social media website certainly takes time, but there are no initial costs to getting involved with social media. Social media marketing is one of many marketing strategies that builds on itself. You can start out with just one profile or business page where it makes sense. Don’t go crazy making too many profiles that you don’t have the time to keep up with.
5. Blogging has become almost as important as social media for startup marketing. Successful businesses will have unique and engaging content on their own websites. They will can also consider including content from guest bloggers among their marketing strategies, which is a way to drive additional traffic to their website. A huge part of startup marketing should be increasing your visibility everywhere, which can be done through activity on social media websites, guest blogging, and networking in person.
Of course, there are other marketing strategies for startups you can incorporate into your plan. Regardless of your budget, the idea is to outline goals and stick to your strategy to create the best return on investment. For more information on startup marketing and marketing strategies, subscribe to our blog!